ACF 4/5/13

 

Kyle must have just PR’d on his favorite workout!

 

We were going to have Stevi’s going away party tonight but she was called in early to Hawaii!!! Stevi we will miss you and can’t wait to here some of your stories! Keep up on the blog and let us know how you’re doing.

 

Workout of the Day

CrossFit Games Open 13.5

Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 4 minutes of:
100 pound Thruster, 15 reps
15 Chest to bar Pull-ups

If 90 reps (3 rounds) are completed in under 4 minutes, time extends to 8 minutes.
If 180 reps (6 rounds) are completed in under 8 minutes, time extends to 12 minutes.
If 270 reps (9 rounds) are completed in under 12 minutes, time extends to 16 minutes.
Etc.

 

Debunking The Paleo Diet

 

Leave a comment

12 Responses to “ACF 4/5/13”

  1. Tracy 2013-04-05 at 08:13 #

    Good luck to everyone on 13.5 today!
    Stevi I am going to miss you, hope you have a great time and good luck!

  2. Molly 2013-04-05 at 10:42 #

    Kyle looks deep in thought. Or fear, or pain, or fear of pain.

    I’m so glad to have the Open behind me. Great job this morning, T and IntenseSteve! Noah and Jenny, get ready for the 2014 Open! Thank you, FireSteve, for coming in to cheer us on. I look forward to yelling at you and the rest of the competitors tonight (with a beer in hand, of course).

    I have to share this quote from Allison Belger via Tabata Times: “Meanwhile, know that 99% of the world is awed by what you do in the gym every day, and the other 1% are douchebags. You are pioneers of what every CrossFitter will eventually experience, and you should celebrate that.” A-freaking-men.

    • FireSteve 2013-04-05 at 12:33 #

      That is a great quote Molly. Thanks for sharing. Great job to all the 830 athletes. It was fun to watch.

  3. Dan 2013-04-05 at 15:10 #

    Kyle, don’t worry…it was an April Fool’s joke…..(Katy’s not pregnant)

  4. Amy 2013-04-05 at 15:33 #

    Hey all – I got a piece of the happy cow labelled London broil – does anyone know what part of the cow this is, or better yet, a good way to prepare it? Thanks!

  5. FireSteve 2013-04-05 at 18:32 #

    Good way to end the opens. The Friday crowd was a blast like always.

  6. Mary 2013-04-05 at 19:40 #

    Changing crossfit gyms was an emotional decision for me, but tonight, with that huge crowd of people cheering each other and celebrating the end of the opens, I knew I was home. Thanks guys, I’m having a great time!

  7. Jess 2013-04-05 at 20:03 #

    Whattttt theeeee flipppp! Tonight was freaking awesome. EVERYONE who did that workout no matter what the weight . . modified pull ups . . whatever . . owned it. Kelsey, I am proud that you got back in it despite frustration. Dave Dale Daryl . . . we need our time with you. NO exceptions. Done deal. Mary we are so happy to have you with us. You are fierce on the leg workouts. T thank you for telling me I could when I felt like I couldn’t. Brenda thanks for cheering me on too. Molly the food was super delish . . . so kind and generous of you to feed us. Thank you from the bottom of my tummy. O and Nick . . . the contacts are lookin good little man. 🙂 Have a good weekend everyone.

  8. Molly 2013-04-05 at 21:55 #

    tonight was great. hands down.

    amy: i recently cooked up a london broil from the happy cow. salt and pepper it, then broil in the oven for a few minutes on each side (3-5 minutes, or so). cover with foil and let sit for ten minutes. it should be nice and brown on the outside, red and rare on the inside.

    • Amy 2013-04-05 at 22:15 #

      Thanks, Molly! I knew you’d help me out. And thanks for coaching Heather and I tonight! Great time at the box tonight all. Stevi, we were thinking of you!

  9. marc 2013-04-06 at 14:28 #

    Looks like I am missing some good times. Sounds like all did great. Good job! Me and Mickey just finished 100 burpees in FL. Hot here. PS. Goofy says, “Kyle you the mang!… Oh and Nikolas is the little man!”

  10. Katy :) 2013-04-06 at 18:09 #

    Holy hangover that was fun!! 🙂 You are all a special class of badasses that I am proud to know. 🙂

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: